Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Why I Run

I've started running again and am slowly building up my mileage. It's mostly to help me fit back into my pre-pregnancy pants, but the health benefits aren't bad, either. :)  Since many of my family and friends remember my non-athletic days in middle school and my aversion to outdoor exercise (especially running!) in high school and college, it's surprised them that I've run for several years now and even completed half marathons since moving to San Diego. 

So I thought I'd share my reason for running.  I took these pictures the week before Christmas while running 5 miles (2.5 miles out and 2.5 miles back home) in the early morning. This is just a portion of the trail along Mission Bay. It begins at Crown Point Park, which is 1/2 mile from our house and follows the edge of the water for 3.5 miles. Then you can cross a parking lot and run along the Pacific Beach boardwalk and enjoy ocean views for a couple more miles. I honestly think the only reason I ever made it 13 miles was because the further I ran, the more beauty I got to enjoy along the way. I don't have any upcoming race goals, but once again, I'm enjoying the views and we'll see how far I go! 

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.












No comments: