Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmastime Part 2 - in Fort Worth

Before we knew it, we were leaving Virginia and on another plane to Fort Worth, TX to visit my family!  My brother Steve and his wife Sheila weren't able to make it to TX this year because they went to India to visit her family. We missed them a lot, but were glad they could make the journey so Steve could see where Sheila was born and meet the rest of her family. 

Since Dan, Emma, and I arrived the Saturday after Christmas, we opened gifts with my family the very next morning. We always try to open presents at the beginning of our visit so we can enjoy our new CDs, DVDs, and games during our remaining days together. And also because my mom and I have the patience of 3-year-olds when it comes to opening our gifts. :)

My mom's side of the family got together at the Ranch House one evening, and it was great to see everyone!  I love that my aunts, uncles, and cousins try to get together once or twice a year.  It keeps our families close, and Emma will have fun playing with all her second cousins each year.  My cousins Brad and Remy had their little girl, Sadie, just before Christmas, which brings the count to 7 second cousins in our growing family. 

My Mom joined Dan, Emma, and I for a visit to my cousin Tricia's house in Abilene to eat lunch with her family.  Dan, Emma, and I also spent an afternoon visiting his Uncle Gary, Aunt Pat, and cousins Amy and Anne and their families.  They all live in McKinney, which is about an hour and a half from my parents in Fort Worth.  We really enjoyed eating lunch and catching up with them, although I forgot to take a single picture while we were there.

The rest of our time was spent with my Dad, Mom, and brother Paul - watching movies, playing games, and eating good meals.  Dan and I went to the movies with my Dad and Paul to see "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" while my Mom babysat Emma. We also went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse (Dan's favorite!) one evening.  It was a very fun visit!   


Emma and Nana scoping out the gifts under the tree!

Emma had a ball with all the gift bags, boxes, and tissue paper! We had to clear out the garbage before she would pay attention to her gifts. :)

A full house at the Ranch House with my mom's family

Cousin Beckett was showing off his walking skills and the bike he got for Christmas

He let Emma take a spin on the bike, too

Uncle Brian and Tucker

Tricia and Aunt Jane

Tim and Leslie

Kyle

Beckett and Kolby

Remy and sweet baby Sadie

Emily, Tricia, and I

Two of my favorite men!

The whole family

Tricia and her husband Jeff got their kids a puppy for Christmas, so we went to their house another day to visit them and meet her.
Back at my parents' house, Emma, Papa, and Uncle Paul kicked back and watched football

Played patty-cake

 Dressed Emma up in the cute new outfit Uncle Paul gave her

Played the piano with gusto!

Got a "Nothing Bundt Cake" to celebrate Paul's and my January birthdays. We used to always share a birthday cake since our birthdays are only four days apart - it was just like old times! :)
And of course, ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse!

We loved every minute of our Christmas vacation!

No comments: