Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ladies' Baby Shower

Last Saturday, a couple of my girlfriends hosted a fun baby shower for me. Friends from my old & current churches attended and we had the best time laughing, playing games, and talking about all things baby-related.  I heard lots of advice and many hilarious stories, and I feel extremely blessed to have friends I can ask questions of as I start the journey of motherhood!


Pregnancy belly at 35 weeks - only 5 weeks to go!


My friends Cynthia and Jerrica hosted the shower for me. Cynthia and I met at our previous church just as she and her husband, Dave, were first married. Now they're the parents of two beautiful girls, Olivia and Kailey!  Jerrica and her husband, Filipe, attend our current church. They have an adorable son, Trevor, and another little boy due in May.


It was a late-morning brunch with delicious food

 And a super-rich chocolate mousse cake - you can't go wrong with chocolate, no matter what time of day! :)

Pretty decorations 

We hung some of the cute outfits Dan and I have received on the windows, too

 I received awesome gifts for our little girl, including this fun and creative diaper cake from Jerrica! Dan and I had a great time "unwrapping" it at home and discovering the receiving blankets, washcloths, toys, pacifiers, hair bows, and other goodies inside.

 And Cynthia made this amazing quilt!  She and I went to the fabric store together a couple of months ago to pick out colors and patterns that I liked.  It's so colorful and cheerful, our little girl will love it!!

A better picture that shows off the bright colors.  Cynthia didn't have a pattern for it, she just went off a picture we saw in a quilting magazine. She's extremely talented!

Another highlight was seeing my friend, Trish, who I haven't seen in about three years! She, her husband Briklyn, and her kids drove over 2 hours so she could come to my shower.  The last time Dan and I visited them, their daughter Annabelle was only a year old. I got to meet their son, Hudson, for the first time on Saturday, too.

A picture of all the sweet ladies who attended my shower. It was so fun and I appreciate the blessing they are in my life!

1 comment:

The McGregor Clan said...

Love that quilt!! Baby girl will cherish it forever. 5 weeks!!! Can't wait for pics!!