Friday, March 15, 2013

Family Baby Shower

Earlier this month, we spent a long weekend in TX with my family.  My brother, Steve, stayed with my parents and Paul during his spring break, so we scheduled our trip while he was there.  My mom's side of the family threw a wonderful baby shower for us while we were in town, too!  We typically get together with our extended family during Christmastime and Labor Day weekend, so it was a treat to see everyone again! 
Showing off the 33-week belly before driving to the shower

Sweet baby girl decorations and delicious Nothing Bundt Cakes!  If you haven't tried their cakes before, you are really missing out!

Presents!!

My cousin Leslie, who took photos during the shower for us, and Aunt Jane, who hosted the fun event at her house!

My mom visiting with her cousin Ryntha and my Aunt Margaret, who also helped to host the shower.

We ate dinner together and then got to business with opening gifts.  Let me just say that my family has excellent taste in clothes. This baby is going to be well-dressed!

It's a little hard to see it in this picture, but Steve's fiancee, Sheila, brought a salwar kameez outfit from her trip to India! Very unique and pretty!

 There were many pairs of bloomers

 And lots of pink ruffles

 and polka dots
 And of course hearts and flowers

Some hilarity ensued when Dan tested out the bath towel to see if the hoodie really keeps a bald head warm. :)

The best gift of the night was the gorgeous quilt my mom made! It was a complete surprise to us, but she's been working on it (off and on) for three years, hoping it would be for her grandchild. It will be a beautiful wall decoration, because there is no way I'm letting our little girl spit up on it!

After the gift opening, everyone enjoyed hanging out and catching up.

My cousins, Russell, Tim, Brad, and Tucker know that real men attend baby showers. :)

Cousins Emily and Tricia with Emily's son Beckett

Me and soon-to-be Uncle Paul!

We have more showers coming up this month, so more pictures to come!

2 comments:

The.Ferlands said...

How very fun! What a neat treat to see the family and celebrate this wonderful event! We can't wait to see more of that belly! You look gorgeous:-)

The McGregor Clan said...

You look great girl!!!