Friday, November 13, 2009

3 Miles for a Cause

Last weekend I joined a group of my coworkers to run the Shelter Island 5k to benefit Wounded Warriors, an organization that assists injured veterans and their families. My company has hired employees through Wounded Warriors, so it's a cause that's near and dear to our hearts. We all finished at our own paces, but my coworker Jenny and I stuck together and chatted the entire way, which made the miles go by much faster! I finished in 572nd place, in case you're wondering. Whoo hoo! :)

Jenny and I at the 2nd mile. You notice that she's not looking at the camera. That's because I didn't bother telling her that our picture was being taken until we passed the photographer. I was busy smiling and trying to look energetic for the photo. Priorities, you know.

The Epsilon team before the race - although there were several people who showed up too late to be in the group photo

1 comment:

Emily and Kolby said...

Man, you look legit! My heart would for sure give out if I attemped to run 3 miles. Or even 1, if we're being honest. Good for you!