Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Big 3-0!

I love celebrating my birthday - the more celebrations the better! My 30th birthday was on Friday, and we had a fun dinner at Sammy's Woodfired Pizza that night with a group of our friends from church. Some of them used to be part of our small group Bible study, but aren't now, so it was great to get everyone together again. I also got a delicious birthday cake from Coldstone's - the best ice cream store on the planet!!

Celebration #2 was on Saturday night - my wonderful husband took me to see Cirque du Soleil "Corteo" at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, north of San Diego. It was spectacular!! I had never been to a circus before (at least not one that I remember), and Corteo had all the best elements of the circus with amazing choreography and music. I would highly recommend it! There are some Cirque du Soleil shows that are pretty racy, but this one was family-friendly, and we saw plenty of kids having a great time in the audience. The best part of the show was when Dan got chosen out of the audience by a couple of clowns trying to find a body to fit into a casket they were rolling around the stage! They grabbed him and gave him a "check-up" to see if he would fit in the casket - and the woman clown just about ripped his shirt off in her excitement! It was hysterical - more for me than for Dan (he was pretty embarrassed about having his chest revealed to a bunch of strangers, but I figured they all just got more for their money!!). I wish I had gotten a picture of that, but anyway, it was an awesome show, and a fun way to celebrate my birthday! Here's to the beginning of the best decade of my life!!

No comments: