Tuesday, February 23, 2016

While We're On Hold...

Emma's surgery, which was scheduled for tomorrow, has been postponed due to a UTI she developed over the weekend.  She was sooo close, too!  But obviously we and her surgeon don't want to risk surgery while she has an infection, so it is currently rescheduled for April 6th.

So while we're on hold, here are some pictures of our weekend at Disney World.  I ran the Disney World Princess Half Marathon on Sunday, and we planned a long weekend around the race.  Although Emma wasn't feeling well, we made the most of it and still had a great time.

Dan's parents booked their timeshare for us to stay in that weekend. They drove and picked us up from the airport on Friday night and we spent the next day at Disney Springs (formerly called Downtown Disney).

We headed to the ESPN Wide World of Sports, where the race expo was located.

I picked up my race bib and t-shirt

I dressed as Princess Belle for the race, and stopped for a photo op after running through Cinderella's castle in the Magic Kingdom

My carriage awaits. Unfortunately, there was only a mile left before the finish line.

Dan's cousin Karen (next to me), and her daughters Megan and Christine ran the race, also.  They were an incredible help to me! They were staying at a Disney hotel, and let me crash there the night before the race since we were all getting up at o'dark thirty to get ready. We rode a shuttle to the start line, and the race began at 5:30 am. 

After I raced and showered, we spent the day at the Magic Kingdom.  We stayed on top of the Tylenol that day for Emma's fever and my poor aching legs!

This was definitely a highlight of her day!

And lest you think I'm the only cheesy one around here wearing costumes, just check out the pictures below.

When I let Emma pick out her clothes, a tutu and dress shoes usually make it into the mix.

Howdy.

My mom has an apron for Emma to wear when she helps around the kitchen at their house. So adorable!

She was watching Peter Pan, and had to run put on her Tinker Bell dress.

Having a tea party with Cinderella

 Dan has even gotten into it. His school had "character day" during Homecoming week, and he dressed as Gru from "Despicable Me". Ha! 


No comments: