Sunday, December 14, 2014

Girl's Trip to Nashville

Over the summer, my mom and I planned a weekend trip to Nashville in November. We were looking forward to visiting friends and seeing our old hometown. It had been six years since I had been back, and I wanted to take Emma to meet my best friends! My mom was tentative about going with Emma and I, since my brother, Paul, was in such poor health at the time. After he passed away in October, this trip became a much-needed event to look forward to after dealing with so much sadness.

Emma and I flew from San Diego to Dallas, where my mom joined us for the rest of the journey to Nashville.
 Emma loved spending time with her Nana on the flight!

When we arrived, we were blessed by the hospitality of our long-time friends, Larry and Shirley. They opened their home to us, had special toys for Emma to play with, and prepared the most delicious food during our stay! 


We got to spend an evening with Larry and Shirley's daughters, Tiffanie and Melody, and their families. Emma was in heaven playing with all those fun boys!

Melody and I have been best friends since we were one year old. We have been like sisters through every stage in life - the good and the bad. It's been too long since I've gotten to catch up with her in person and see her family! Her son, Skyler, is growing up fast and is such a good athlete. (no surprise there!)

My mom and Shirley had lunch with their good friend, Judy, one afternoon.


And I got together with some high school friends, Michelle and Eric, for brunch. We went to Pfunky Griddle, where you make your own pancakes (with lots of toppings!) on a griddle in the middle of your table. It was fun!

Michelle and I became best friends at the wonderfully awkward age of 11, and we shared every school experience from the 6th grade all the way through college. Emma and I had so much fun with her and her beautiful daughter, Katelyn! Michelle also has two older boys, Brendon and Gavin, who were really sweet about playing with the girls.

My mom, Emma, and I got to spend our last night with Michelle's parents, Joel and Debbie. Michelle's sister, Marybeth, came over with her kids to play for a while, too. Emma loved following the "big girls," Addison and Katelyn, around and mimicking whatever they were doing!

My mom and I are blessed to have the most wonderful long-term friendships. After years of not seeing each other, we picked up with our Nashville friends as if we had never left. Our time there was short, but precious! I hope we can go back again soon!

No comments: