Saturday, January 19, 2013

Birthday Celebration and Pregnancy Buddy

Dan sure knows how to treat a lady on her birthday!  He took me out the night before for an early celebration dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and since my birthday was on a Friday, he surprised me with gorgeous roses and a special breakfast before I went to work.  It was so sweet that he adjusted his work schedule that morning just to make me feel special and loved.

That tall glass of healthy water is hiding a decidedly unhealthy, but amazing slice of Hershey Bar Cheesecake

One of the best ways to start my birthday!

We grabbed breakfast at The Broken Yolk before I went to work.  It's our favorite local breakfast place,  just a few blocks from our house.

Baby girl and I after a big French Toast breakfast. :)  My coworkers treated me to lunch that day, so Dan and I stayed home with a movie and a light dinner that night. I had to draw the line at three restaurant meals in a row, since I don't want this baby to weigh 12 pounds at birth!

That weekend, we did some registry list shopping at Babies R Us for a few things I wanted him to help me choose.  We got to park in the stork parking (it's the small things). :)

My friend, Lisa, has been my designated pregnancy buddy since we're due the same week in April. It's her first child, also, and she's having a boy.  It's so fun to have someone to talk to who's going through the same stages as me!  She was really sick during her first 20 weeks, though, and I felt very grateful (yet guilty) to have such a relatively easy pregnancy compared to her.  Thankfully, she's feeling much better now!  I went to her baby shower this weekend, and we took a couple of "belly photos" together.


Lisa's due April 26th and I'm due April 21st. I'm sure it'll be a toss up at the end to see who actually gives birth first, though!

Boy vs. Girl :)

Some lovely ladies who used to attend a home Bible study with me. Left to right: Judy, Holly, Lisa, and me. It was great to catch up with them!

No comments: