We're excited to announce that we're expecting Baby Jester on April 21st! We've felt all along that God has showered our marriage with blessings, and He's given us another amazing gift and reason to praise Him!
In answer to the most common questions we've gotten:
- I've been feeling great for the most part. Very early on, I had a week and a half of nausea and strange food aversions, then it passed and now I'm just hungry all. the. time. I know I'm extremely blessed in this, since I have several friends who have suffered from severe sickness during the first few months of pregnancy.
- I've stopped running for now. My nurse practitioner said she doesn't recommend it during pregnancy, even though there are many women who continue to run until it becomes uncomfortable for them. I still get up early during the week to ride our exercise bike, and we'll often go for a walk after dinner. This doesn't burn nearly the calories as running yet I feel the need to eat every two hours, so I managed to gain twice the recommended weight by the end of my first trimester. Exceeding expectations as usual - heh.
- I *may* have felt the baby move/kick a few times now. Or it may have been gas, it's hard to say. I'm looking forward to feeling the kicks for sure, and from what I've read it should be soon!
- Yes, we'll find out if we're having a boy or a girl - hopefully at our 19 week ultrasound on November 28th. Stay tuned...
- I can't say that either of us has a strong preference about the gender, although Dan says "Lord help me" every time someone kids him about having a little princess. :) I go back and forth on what I think it'll be, and either way we're in for a lot of fun!
- We haven't even started discussing baby names yet. We figure we're better off if we wait until we know the gender so we can narrow down the list from the beginning. There are tons of great names to choose from, and yet so many of them have been ruined by the crazy kids Dan's worked with over the years. :)