Friday, May 14, 2010

Prom Night

A hot guy asked me to prom this year, so I said yes. It's still surprisingly fun, but an altogether different experience for us now.

Debby getting ready for Prom - 1995: "Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Prom is FINALLY HERE!! I should've gotten my nails done yesterday - how will I EVER get ready in only 4 hours? Sooooo nervous! I hope my nail appt. doesn't make me late to my hair appt., because then I...Oh.No. IS THAT A ZIT???" (you get the picture - hours of endless angst and frantic rushing around)

Debby getting ready for Prom - 2010: "Ugggh. Prom's tonight, isn't it. (Digs through closet for faithful black dress) Hang on, give me 15 mins to do something to my hair. You wanna grab fast food for dinner on the way?"

Dan getting ready for Prom - 2010: "I would rather have a root canal than go to this thing. Next year, somebody else is going." (He says that every year)

But we did have a lot of fun and Dan loves seeing his high schoolers have a great time together. The kids looked great, the venue was beautiful, the music was loud, I wasn't voted prom queen (still mad), Dan danced the Electric Slide and showed those kids how it was done, and a good time was had by all.

Prom 2010

Just for kicks: Prom 1995 (No, that's not Dan with hair...)

THAT'S Dan with hair!!!

5 comments:

Emily and Kolby said...

Lovin' that prom pose picture :)

Emily and Kolby said...

You were right, it WAS worth it to check these out! Wow. You look like quite the heart breaker!

Ann said...

I showed Paul the photo of Dan and he says "who the heck is that?!" Debby you were a babe then and you still are now!

Tricia said...

Hold the phone...Dan use to have hair?

Robin said...

hahaha awesome!!!

btw, my word verification for this comment is "harityli"