Tuesday, March 24, 2015

In Memory of Paul

As many of you know, I lost my older brother, Paul, to cancer last October. No matter how long you've had to think about it and grieve beforehand, there is so much grief after you lose someone you love.  After the initial shock wore off, I found myself lethargic about doing anything extra, like reading my Bible (or reading any books, for that matter), spending time with friends, and exercising - all things I normally love to do.

When January 1st came around, I resolved to work on each of these areas so I could begin feeling more like myself.  So I'm reading through The NIV Prayer Bible (a daily reading plan Bible with prayer-focused devotionals) that my mom gave me. I try to get together with friends once a week on my days off with Emma, and she enjoys having play dates with her friends, too!  And I've been running again and working up to a half marathon distance. 

I'm planning to run the Disneyland Tinker Bell half marathon on Mother's Day (May 10th). Running a Disneyland race has been on my bucket list for a while, since I've heard that they are lots of fun. I honestly haven't felt like running at all most days, and it has shown in my effort and pace. But I am continuing to plod along, hoping that I'll enjoy it again. 

To make it more meaningful and motivating for me, I have joined Alex's Lemonade Stand, and am raising funds to benefit childhood cancer research in Paul's memory. If you are inclined, all donations are tax-deductible and even a small amount will help to battle this deadly disease. More details are provided on my fundraising page (http://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/1122175), as well as an online method to donate.  Thank you! 

Also, here are some cute old pictures of my family that my Dad scanned recently. You're welcome.







No comments: